Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
Are you looking for wedding rehearsal dinner ideas?
The purpose of the rehearsal is to have a chance to get everyone together to know what their role is during the wedding the next day. It is all a great reason to look cute, eat good food and get some more great pictures of the festivities!
You may have people flying in from all over. If you are having a destination wedding than everyone will be flying in - including the couple getting married! If this is the case, it is customary to greet guests and have a gathering as a way to thank everyone for making such efforts to be there.
You can delegate a theme for your rehearsal dinner or just pick a nice restaurant and host a dinner there. You really have a lot of freedom to do what you want. And if the budget is tighter than the cheese on lasagna, then you can do some things to cut costs.
Let's check out some wedding rehearsal dinner ideas:
- Know someone with a great backyard or live near your favorite park? Have an outdoor wedding rehearsal dinner. You don't need permits for this sort of thing and you can save a lot of money by not having the overhead.
- Host a potluck rehearsal dinner. My husband and I joke that our wedding was "By the people, for the people," because so many people pitched in to make it happen. Ask for help with the rehearsal dinner too.
- Use this as an extra opportunity to take your guests through the history of your relationship. Use decorations, table centerpieces and invitations as a way to show off all the fun things about the couple to be married.
- Have your rehearsal dinner in a totally unexpected place like a bowling alley or pizza parlor. This will help everyone get to visit comfortably and let loose a little before the REAL celebrating begins!
- If your home can accommodate it, have an intimate rehearsal dinner at home. What better way to create a warm and welcoming way to celebrate the pending nuptials and make everyone feel included. And you can't beat the cost of the venue!
Where did you unleash your wedding rehearsal dinner ideas
? A bowling alley? Pizza parlor? Share your experience on our Forums
Share Your Awesome Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
Tell us what you plan on doing or have done for your rehearsal dinner?